Well everything got done. Tali tucked in. A discussion of how early to get to the airport. The plan will be leave about 4:15 AM. We should be at the airport by 5:45 or 6:00am. This is still 2 1/2 hours before departure. Time for some sort of snack before we board the plane. Traffic is amazingly light and we are flying along when I get a text from American at 5:07 saying our flight was cancelled and they are trying to rebook us.
I call on the cell phone and after a 20 minute wait I get the agent who is looking to see what is available. Meanwhile we have found the off site parking and maneuvered to the correct location. Seems I booked “valet” parking. This explains why it was so expensive. Need to read the fine print in the future.
The American agent has secured us a new flight to Charlotte that will get in 10 minutes later than originally scheduled. Great news. The down side is that the plane leaves 1 hour earlier. Our 2 1/2 hour cushion is now 90 minutes. The shuttle is taking forever. American sends us to computer check in but I still need to see and agent because of baggage checking.
At this point Tali is becoming more panicked. Asking do we have TSA precheck worried about making the plane. Says she likes the 3 hours in the airport cushion. So now I am cursed with two flyers that are constantly worried we will miss the plane.
Off to the gift shop to buy something for breakfast. Back to the gate and on the plane. We are in the last row. Good news is that we are close to the bathroom 😃
The other little glitch is we are now headed to Austin, plane change then Charlotte When on the plane we learn that it is the same plane we just have to deboard and reboard. Good news is that means Our luggage has less chance of getting lost.
Finally leave LAX at 7:53AM. Originally we were to leave at 8:36. We have 2 hours in Charlotte so we should be good. Maybe Tali and Dan will stop worrying. American has been helpful for us today
No comments:
Post a Comment