We are off. First stop is the Irish National Stud Farm. We get there by noon. Do the walking tour, have lunch and tour the Japanese garden. I didn’t know there was a garden there, honest. Apparently it is the 3rd best in all of Ireland. Back in the car. Good news is we are now on the way to the Rock of Cashel. Another old monastery from about 700 AD. We have mastered the GPS even without Tali’s input. We arrive, we can see it on the hill but can’t find the entrance or parking area. I guess the GPS isn’t tuned in to those details. A brief walk and just in time for the guided tour. Tali and are over the docent going on and on and out voted Dan. Into the movie. I am sure Tali is ready for a nap. Alas the next showing will be in German. Saved again. Back in the car and now off to blarney castle. No one is interested in the upside down treat but Dan wants to see the castle. We arrive just as they are closing the gates for the night. A 45 minute detour out of the way. Now onto our night stop in the town of Kenmare. This Airbnb has no address only GPS coordinates. I am amazed both the phone and car found the location.
Driving went well today since it was mostly highway only just a long way to travel. On our travels we note that Tali is like some of our other tour guides. She is young and therefore there is no need to stop for a bathroom break. She did the entire flight from Charlotte to Ireland without getting up!! I am sure she just rolls her eyes when Dan and I say we need to stop yet again. Steps for the day 11117.
No comments:
Post a Comment