Okay. We are on Day 6. Time to do laundry. The day was spent driving the Ring of Kerry and then coming back to the Airbnb. Tali’s agenda is laundry. I did book this house specifically because there is a washer and dryer. As I have mentioned in the past sometimes we are surprised and there is only a washer. Not quite enough time to air dry jeans
In the past using a washer has been a fiasco. This one is simple but the first concern is soap. The soap left by the owner says whitening. I have soap and put it in the dispenser. Tali sets the dial and we get it started. Tali goes to take a nap since the internet for some reason stopped working. I was able to get internet but it was slow. Not sure if it was Tali’s carrier.
Dinner is out and a nap is in. Dan and I do cheese crackers and wine and watch BBC games shows after tiring of CNN news. I routinely check the washer. Hours go by and we can’t open the door it appears to be on hold. Finally after about 3 hours between us I notice a faint line on the outer dial. There still seems to be soap in the clothes but remember I was using regular Tide in a “high efficiency “ washer. Success I figure out how to get it to get it to drain. Yay. The machine drains and the door unlocks. Tali awakens from her nap. We transfer the clothes and apparently the spin cycle is missed. After hand wringing the clothes, shades of Italy return. We put them in the dryer. Check the temperature and it is on low. Decided to increase the time to 120 minutes. This increases the temperature. I am sure we will burn up all Tali’s clothes but we can always buy more if needed and she has her 1 pair of shorts.
Then off to the shower. It takes Tali and I to call in Dan to figure out how to turn on the shower. There are 2 separate systems. I have never seen before. Oh well the joys of travel.
Laundry update 1 hour into drying and the clothes are steaming. We could have skipped the wash cycle and just steamed the clothes clean. Also in this dryer is a water collection chamber which needs to be emptied or the dryer shuts off. In the morning, dry clothes and everything still fits. Dan decided not to try and wash. Dirty clothes are okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment